This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Real Time Change Notification for 3com Switches

Howdy,

Has anyone had an opportunity to work with configuring 3Com switches with SolarWinds syslog viewer and ultimately send out a Real Time Change Notification email?

I am able to make the 3Com switch send out logs to the syslog viewer using the below command.

info-center enable

info-center loghost <ip address syslog viewer> channel o

pastedImage_0.png

I have changed the RealTime alert message on the syslog viewer alert to look for "Configure changed"; I also tried "command:system-view" but they send over way to much information rather than just what was changed. Also, it is not consistent. I don't always get an email when something is changed. Also, it is reporting on line changes that are false-positive. Here is a sample of the Real Time Config Notice email (see below)

pastedImage_1.png

I am not familiar with the benefits of SNMP traps. I see this is an option too. Any thoughts on how I could use SNMP traps to work with the Real Time Config Notification emails for 3com switch changes. Or perhaps should I look at reconfiguring my 3com switch info-channel details the switch is sending to the syslog trap server or perhaps change my Real Time alert settings a bit to only send out an email when config changes are done on my 3com switches.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you,

OhioNetAdmin