This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

configuration wizard error 70

hi,i installed the orion 8.5 nPM on a new serveri n\instaelled the SQL express, and IIS.

the web brouser to the orion is not working, when im using the Configuration wizard i gt some ERROR 70 -no permission,

i suspect it is something with the SQL, can you please advise how to fix it.

when i am log in to :http://127.0.0.1:8080 or http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin etc i am getting application error:

[KeyNotFoundException: No Web Setting with name "First Time" found.]
   SolarWinds.Orion.Web.DAL.WebSettingsDAL.Get(String settingName) +212
   SolarWinds.Orion.Web.DAL.WebSettingsDAL.get_FirstTime() +17
   ASP.orion_login_aspx.__BuildControl__control5() +88
   ASP.orion_login_aspx.__BuildControl__control3(Control __ctrl) +308
   System.Web.UI.CompiledTemplateBuilder.InstantiateIn(Control container) +12
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlContentPlaceHolder1() +113
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlaspnetForm() +125
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlBody() +128
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.__BuildControlTree(orion_masterpage_master __ctrl) +102
   ASP.orion_masterpage_master.FrameworkInitialize() +34
   System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal() +31
   System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +2028700
   System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +48
   System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +18
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +685

thanks

Roee

• Try the following:

This issue is due to permissions on the Orion NPM server.

In Orion v7 User Account = IISUSER_SOLARWINDS     Orion v8 v9 = SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE

By default the user SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE is added as a member of the Users and Power Users groups.

If the user SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE is not a member of the Users and Power Users groups, add these groups to the list of groups the user is a member of. Also add the user SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE to the Administrators group.

Next go to Start-> SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor-> Advanced Features-> Orion Service Manager. Once the Orion Service Manager utility is open, select the SolarWinds Orion NPM Com+ Application, and click the Unload button. Close the orion Service Manager utility and run through the Configuration Wizard.

• thank you for your response.

can you please explain how exactlly to add the groups ....

thanks ROee

• you an also se the attached screen shot with ther error.

thanks

• See above Post again, I meant SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE as the Account.

On Orion Server, Start, Control Panel, Admin Tools, Computer Management or Right Click My Computer and "Manage",

Local Users and Groups, Goto Groups.

Open "Power Users", In Select Users screen type "SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE", (Locations is Local Machine),

Check Names should validate it "COMPUTERNAME\SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE", Click OK.

Also add SOLARWINDS_WEBSITE to "Adminsitrators" and "Users" Groups.

• Great emoticons_happy.png Your more than welcome!

• hi,

it is working...but when i am trying to login to the server from the internet (i did NAT on my cisco to this address) i am getting the login page, i am entering the User :Admin (with no password) and i am getting an error :

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 84.108.133.135:8080

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)
    at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)
    at Login.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Login.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
     from the LAN i can erter the server with no problem.
    thnaks
    Roee
  • I believe you already have this has been further addressed in a Separate Thread.