This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there an easy way to get per host vCPU to pCPU ratio from VM?

I found the trend for cluster level vCPU to pCPU ratio, but I'd like to see it broken down to the host level is this possible with virtual manager?

thanks,jb

• Hi,

yes, it's possible to create a new Trend that shows vCPU to pCPU ratio for Hosts. You can create a copy of existing "vCPU to Host cores ratio" trend and configure it to your needs, i.e.:

pastedImage_3.png

Then the trend lines should look like this:

pastedImage_4.png

Note: as this is a new trend, there's no historical data available. The trend process is executed automatically every 4 hours by default. It's recommended that the four hour period remains unchanged but if necessary it can be modified in Setup - Administration - Advanced Setup - System Properties -> "Hourly Interval for Trend Execution" property. You can also launch the trend process manually in Setup - Administration - Advanced Setup - System Maintenance -> Run Trends.

Does this trend suit your needs?