This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"Cannot connect to SSH service. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." Error

I have an unusual situation that I have not seen before and after spending several hours trying to find a cure, I have been unsuccessful.  Hoping someone here has seen this and can provide assistance.

I have two virtual partitions (LPARs) on a single AIX host that have started returning the same error.  Prior to that, they ran for over a year with no issue.  The physical server resides at customer site that is remote to my Orion server and they converse through a VPN Tunnel.  Another server with the same configuration at the same customer site is not having this issue.

For the two LPARs with the issue, all monitors (probably about 30 or 40 Component Monitors) are presenting an error that reads "Linux script execution error.  Cannot connect to SSH service.  An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".

My first thought was that something changed on the server with regard to SSH.  However from the Orion server, I can successfully SSH to both of these servers.  I checked with my support team to find out if anything changed that they were aware of and they were not.  Obviously my ability to access the LPARs with SSH from the Orion server does not rule out SSH as the issue but I am not sure where else to check with regard to SSH.

Since this started the servers have been rebooted several times and I have stopped and restarted the SSH service several times but to no avail.  One thing I read on the Internet related to lack of available memory being the issue but that is not the case here.  Most other info I found on the Internet was related to specific applications and most on Windows servers.

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed...

THANKS

Mike