This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scalability of groups using dynamic queries

Hi

We're starting to use dynamic queries quite extensively to add elements to groups used for parent/ child dependencies. I'm wondering if there is real-world experience in the community as to how far these can scale e.g. would creating a group with c.3000 elements cause any issues such as database load or speed of response.

All comment / opinion welcome.

PK

• I don't have a group with that number of elements directly in it, instead I have a hierarchical structure, e.g.:

SECTOR

whose members are

"SECTOR BUILDING"

whose members are

NODES

My largest sector (the UW) has 351 buildings in it (and ~4300 nodes spread across those). I did once put them into one group, but it didn't give me anything meaningful in terms of reporting,

I wrote a perl script to build the groups and their dynamic queries automatically, so I didn't have to create all of these by hand!