This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"Start Timer" button runs all activities, even unchecked ones. Why and what to do?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have two activities, one is scheduled to run at 16:00, another has no schedule, Reocurring field says "Never", all other fields are unchecked or empty.

I need the second task to run manually.

According CatTools manual about running a scheduled Activity:

· Click the "Activities" tab.

· Check (tick) all the Activities you would like to schedule.

· Press the "Start timer" button.

· CatTools will enter into "Active Timer Mode" and run the activities at the scheduled intervals and/or times.

Ooook, so I check the first task, uncheck the second (manual) task, press "Start Timer" button - and both tasks are seen as being on timer, meaning I can't edit neither of them, I can't run them manually, they are kinda "locked" until I press "Stop Timer"

While I understand why the scheduled one is locked, I absolutely have no clue why the unchecked activity which has no schedule at all is a subject of "Start Timer" action. It contradicts the logic and your manual.

Every time I need to start my manual activity - I have to stop all scheduled activities, run unscheduled one, then restart scheduled ones. That`s kinda strange.

Is there any way I can change this?