3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2014 6:33 AM by jiri.skrabal

Engineers Toolset Web "Advanced Install" option

ttl

Where is this documented in the documentation? Does this create a new database on a SQL server or is it using the NPM database?  Is everyone supposed to be using the "Basic - Install Toolset as fast as possible" option?  I go through a Change Approval Board and get approval to install and suddenly I'm facing an option not listed in the documentation with a limited change window. This is supposed to be Enterprise Level software right?

• Re: Engineers Toolset Web "Advanced Install" option
          shankarkrupa

ttl

The documentation was updated a few weeks ago to reflect this information. This could be seen in page 12 of the quickstart guide and on page 37 of the admin  guide.

From the guide:

If you are installing Engineer's Toolset on the Web on a server where you already have SolarWinds NPM installed, select the appropriate Orion installation type and click Next.

• If you want to use an already available Orion SQL database, select Advanced and select the appropriate Orion SQL database.
          • If you are evaluating Engineer's Toolset on the Web or want to use a new MS SQL Express database, select Express.
            • Re: Engineers Toolset Web "Advanced Install" option
              ttl

That sure would have been useful in the original release. I downloaded the package the last week in June and it wasn't in there.

Please understand that some of us have to go through a Change Approval process, then we get a finite amount of time to make a change, and when something goes wrong it makes us look bad. I'm much less inclined to trust SW products if I feel like I'm going to be left hanging because SW didn't bother to adequately document the product in the original release.