This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help with figuring out the AlertInfos parameter for the Acknowledge verb of Orion.AlertStatus

Hello,

I am trying to create a PowerShell script that will leverage the Orion SDK to Acknowledge an alert.  I have it all (or at least mostly) figured out, except for one line.  The line in question is:

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "Orion.AlertStatus" Acknowledge

I have no idea what to supply for the AlertInfo parameter, which is the sole (and required) parameter for the Acknowledge verb of Orion.AlertStatus.  I can see in the XmlSchemas portion of the Metadata.VerbArgument for that verb that there appears to be some clues:

<AlertInfo><DefinitionId></DefinitionId><ObjectType></ObjectType><ObjectId></ObjectId><Notes></Notes></AlertInfo>

However, I have no idea in what format I need to pass those four values.  In my testing, I've tried setting up an array named Alert:

($Alert = @("1a336459-2225-4bdf-ab0b-d53153b1ab4d", "APM: Application", 230, "Acked")

Then ran the following command:

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "Orion.AlertStatus" Acknowledge $Alert

However, I just get an error of:

Invoke-SwisVerb : Verb Orion.AlertStatus.Acknowledge cannot unpackage parameter 0

Any ideas?  It seems like I need to pass an array or a hashtable of values and am just structuring it incorrectly.