4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2014 9:00 AM by juniordev

Add WMI Node with cred. via SWIS

juniordev

Hi all,

I want to add WMI node via SWIS. But I must input any WMI credential setting to that node. Is there any way to do this?

• Re: Add WMI Node with cred. via SWIS
          tdanner

SDK 1.9 (http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/Orion/OrionSDK-1.9.zip) includes a PowerShell sample for adding a WMI node. Note that the credential you want to use for the node must be entered through the website - then the script just references it.

• Re: Add WMI Node with cred. via SWIS
              juniordev

Thank you tdanner. I got it and added credential (node settings) to WMI node. I have one more question about update node settings. I use that below code for update node settings but I got an error.

swis.Update("Orion.NodeSettings", new PropertyBag

{

{"NodeID", nodeID},

{"SettingName", settingName},

{"SettingValue", settingValue}

});

Error:

Error executing update operation: Invalid SWIS uri at character 18: Incomplete uri. Parser did not finish in End state, but instead was left in Scheme state

Parameter name: uri

Orion.NodeSettings

NodeID: 5

SettingName: WMICredential

SettingValue: 3

I didn't understand what the uri is to use. Can you help me how to update wmi credential on node settings?