This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring Mushroom Networks Portabella - temporary cellular connection

Great device, does SNMP - the issue is that its only on during the day, and only on some days. It connects a mobile bus we have with 4G cellular data back to the home office.  I want to monitor the device on the bus, but the connection of course is transient being cellular. Its only on a few days a month and only during the day.

I wish there was a poll that could show when it comes up and leaves it in an UN-monitored state when its down instead of showing down hard.    I like to know when its active, but their schedule is all over the map and changes frequently which makes it almost impossible for me to only monitor with a normal SNMP/ICMP poller.

• Any feedback here?  I would love a monitor that puts it into only up or unknown status, depending on if its powered on or not (ie, it tries to poll the IP to see if its alive, if not, it puts it into unknown state, instead of "down")

• Status is been collected by ICMP Either SNMP  so either if no response to the status packet it will be marked as  Down what you required is the against the basic function for the monitoring system .

You can add as  External Node it wont change the status where it wont collect the data however the Node will be listed that might help not sure

External Node: No Status

No data is collected for this node. Useful for monitoring a hosted application or other element on the node but not the node itself.