This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SDK JAVA Sample EXCEPTION due to HandshakeException

I am trying to run the Orion SDK Java sample to connect to our Orion server and perform a simple query.

It keeps returning the exception

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target>

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

The "Orion SDK.pdf" mentions:

See the details of these functions below, starting with obtaining a SWIS client object, as the disableCertificateValidation() function is somewhat verbose and not presented here.

so I added the following method in my main, before calling <InformationService swis = getSwisClient("My-IP-Address", "my-login", "my-pass");>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

public static void disableCertificateValidation() {
   // Create a trust manager that does not validate certificate chains
   TrustManager[] trustAllCerts = new TrustManager[] {
    new X509TrustManager() {
     public X509Certificate[] getAcceptedIssuers() {
      return new X509Certificate[0];
     }
     public void checkClientTrusted(X509Certificate[] certs, String authType) {}
     public void checkServerTrusted(X509Certificate[] certs, String authType) {}
    }};

// Ignore differences between given hostname and certificate hostname
   HostnameVerifier hv = new HostnameVerifier() {
    public boolean verify(String hostname, SSLSession session) { return true; }
   };

// Install the all-trusting trust manager
   try {
    SSLContext sc = SSLContext.getInstance("SSL");
    sc.init(null, trustAllCerts, new SecureRandom());
    HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(sc.getSocketFactory());
    HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultHostnameVerifier(hv);
   } catch (Exception e) {}

} // End of disableCertificateValidation()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but it does not seem to help.

Once the locator.setBasicHttpBinding_InformationServiceEndpointAddress(address); is called it does not seem to matter and still looks for valid cert.

Ideas????

Thank you