3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 8:13 AM by koper

Problem with NPM configuration wizard

koper

Hi, I am trying to set up evaluation of NPM for our medium size project office. The platform is Dell PET620 with two Xeon E5-2609 at 2.40 GHz and 16 GB RAM under Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012. The server does not run anything else on it. The installation runs without any problems but the configuration wizard flags a problem with the website configuration. First of all, it reports an exception below: 

Website configuration failed:

• Error during unpacking web site.

• Exception while configuring plugin Orion Core Services component Orion Website. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\InetPub\SolarWinds\App_GlobalResources\CoreWebContent.de.resx'.

The folder App_GlobalResources is not created and neither are other folders that should be under SolarWinds root. When I create it manually, the configuration wizard goes further, creates and populates other folders but still fails, this time with the following message:

Website configuration failed:

• Error during unpacking web site.

• 1 is not a supported code page.

Parameter name: codepage

I have run the scripts to set IIS 7 to work with 32-bit apps and checked that all locality and code page settings on IIs are set. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Regards