This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Poller Email Alerting & Variables

Hi there - I've been reading through the forums here and scratching my head.

I have a custom poller that is graphing (in this example) APC environmental temperature.  The variable is called APC_UPS_Temperature and displays perfectly on the web interface.

Now when an alert fires, I want to send out the value associated to this variable.  When I go to "Insert Variable" there is no option to include any of these customer poller variables unless I am missing something.  After reading it appears the only way is via custom SQL queries?  Please tell me there is a better way!

After searching I found the following SQL code that does not work.  If I'm stuck doing long SQL code for this, can anyone tell me where I broke it? emoticons_happy.png

Temperature Sensor: ${SQL:Select Status From CustomPollerAssignment as Assignment, CustomPollerStatus as Status where Assignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = Status.CustomPollerAssignmentID and Assignment.NodeID = ${NodeID} and Assignment.AssignmentName like 'APC_UPS_Temperature'} C

Thank you,

Paul

• I realized  should have posted the error that I'm getting in email alerts:

Temperature Sensor: MACRO SQL ERROR - Ambiguous column name 'Status'. C

Battery Capacity: MACRO SQL ERROR - Ambiguous column name 'Status'. %

Output Load: MACRO SQL ERROR - Ambiguous column name 'Status'. %

Input Voltage: MACRO SQL ERROR - Ambiguous column name 'Status'. VAC

My preference is to avoid using long SQL queries and just find an email variable that works if possible.

• So I also rolled a ticket with Solarwinds and they confirmed that the only way to do this is via custom SQL queries.  Now, I need to find what's broken with my query - hoping someone can come up with a rather simple way to pull the values for specific Customer Poller variables?

Why hasn't Solarwinds built this kind of support into their system yet?  There are lots of requests flying around the forums...

Paul

• Hi Paul,

Per our conversation you needed the ${CustomPoller.RawStatus} variable to get the information you needed into the email.

HTH,

Steven "MrXinu" Klassen

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

• I am using the ${CustomPoller.RawStatus} variable to get the temperature from our environmental devices in our remote server rooms, i currently have 4 configured with this alert however only one is pulling in the temperature information and the other 3 are pulling in other custom poller variables.  is there a way to hardcode the variable to get the right custom poller information?

each of these environmental monitors have 5 custom pollers assigned to them.

Thanks

Brett Thomson