This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM - MS Lync logs not appearing within LEM

I think I might know the answer to this already but the Microsoft Lync logs do not appear in my LEM console.

Is this because the Lync logs are stored under "Application and Services logs" on the server rather than "Windows logs" and LEM only reads logs from the Windows logs folder?

If this is the case is there anyway to get these logs to appear in Lync?

The reason why i ask is because i want to create a rule with an email trigger based on a windows event that occurs. Capture44.JPG

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Tom

• Tom,

You're right that by default, the LEM only reads from the Windows Logs.  There are a few exceptions, as Microsoft appears to have shuffled where a lot of events wind up in Server 2008 and 2012, and we've built custom connectors for those cases.  If you want to open a support ticket, we can help you submit a feature request for the Lync logs.

• Thanks for the response.

I have now submitted a request for the Lync connector to be created, im suprised it doesnt have one already considering the size of the product and how long it's been around for.

Roughly...... ho wlong does it take Solarwinds to create these connectors? Months ???

• Connectors usually seem to turn around in a couple weeks, though that depends on if we have a reader that already understands the log formatting, if we can use previous connectors as a starting point, or if it's all from scratch.  Connectors get made when people request them, and connectors with multiple requests get priority off one-off connectors (have you opened a Feature Request yet?)  The size of the product doesn't matter to us as much as what people as us for.

• Thanks for the reply, i have already submitted some information to Solawrinds and they informed me it would be forwarded to their developers. I have also just opened a feature request for this so hopefully they will be created in the next few weeks.
    Thanks

Tom