2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2014 1:34 PM by dcharville

Orion Alerts and activity on closed alerts

dcharville

I have been testing out alert central and turned on orion alerts, just to see what kind of alerts we would receive and quite a few were coming in (we have not tweaked the alerting in orion much yet). In the process it created a lot of alerts that were assigned to me as part of the testing. Even though I have closed all of the alerts that were assigned to me, when the same alert occurs it does not assign the ticket to the new person on call, but posts the new note to the existing closed alert and sends out an activity alert to me.  It does allow me to reassign the ticket to the new person on call, but I want an issue that closed to go to the new person on call not the original.

Also I have since told alert central to trash any of the alerts from orion, but I am still getting notifications on alerts that are assigned to me if the same thing occurs again. Meaning the above item is still happening even though I told it to not send alerts.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Dennis

• Re: Orion Alerts and activity on closed alerts
          alina.gonchar

Could you please describe more details how to reproduce your case? Because, as usual new alert will be created if the same old alert is closed.

Description how to work AC if you change orion source rule to trash alerts:

- AC trashes all of the NEW alerts from Orion;
          - AC adds note to all opened alerts;

- AC doesn't add note to alerts if alerts are closed.

So, you need to close alerts if you don't want to receive notifications on alerts.

• Re: Orion Alerts and activity on closed alerts
              dcharville

I think I found the problem. I guess I still had alerts out there that were never closed. I guess I didn't realized that it was only showing me by default 1 weeks of alerts.  I must have missed that there were some older alerts that were still in an acknowledged state. I believe I got them all closed now.  I will let you know if I notice any issues still.

Thank you for the information.

Dennis