4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2019 5:55 AM by ralfs

SQL Auditor problems

seffland

We recently fired up a new virtual SQL server (2008 R2) and need to start auditing sql authentication failures. I went to set it up the same as the other SQL (2008 R2 also) server, which we are auditing currently, and got this error message: You do not have permission to run 'FN_TRACE_GETINFO' when testing the Auditor connection. We have our SQL auditor program running on a separate server. I tried using the local account setting, the domain admin account, and my account to no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

• Re: SQL Auditor problems
          seffland

Had to give our domain admin account access in the SQL database to alter trace permissions then it went through.

• Re: SQL Auditor problems
            ralfs

Hi,

I have a different Problem. We also use a central server for auditing SQL Servers. The connection test works properly but the auditor not fires up. After A while the error message says I do not have the correct permissions and should check the permissions.

Any Idea if there are logfiles to look after?

I reinstalled the Auditor and installed .Net 2.0 no it seems to run but it isn't:

EventLog says:

Thread ID: 00

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'

at MSSQLAuditor.SQLTraceThread..ctor(Int32 iInst, String sSrvr, String sTDFF, MSSQLAuditor msaLog, Int32 iConnectDelay)

at MSSQLAuditor.MSSQLAuditor.OnStart(String[] args)

The Profiler-Template is created. and in the tdf directory.

Kind regards,

Ralf