The first problem can be in alerts filtering. It is known issue.
Workaround: you can change alerts filter's values from default 'Last Week' to 'Custom' by setting 'To' field in few days after current date (in future) .
Answers for others problems you can find on the following page: Alertcentral does not receive Orion alerts
Please let me know in case other questions.
I was able to get this to work. I had to chnge the notification setting in alert central.
So I am now recieveing my triggered advanced alerts but noticed that reset notifications do not get sent to Alert Central.
Is there a way to get those messages sent too?
Reset notifications will not be sent to Alert Central, after Alert is reset on the Orion side.
Fortunately, 'Alert is no longer active' note instead of 'reset notifications' appears in alert history on Alert Central in case alert is reset.
So, you can check this note in alert history to be sure that alert is reset.
Also, you can add this functional as feature request on the following page: Alert Central Feature Requests
In our case we have about 60 system admins that would not have access to the Alert Central portal but would like see when a triggered condition no longer exits.
In other words at 4am if a system has a cpu pegged and sends an alert and then 10 minutes later it clears I want my admin to know without having to log in to look.
On another subject I can not seem to get a second notification method wiether it be an email or text to work for a user. I have the wait time set to 0 but it never seems to send to the second address.
Alert Central doesn't have functionality to see when a triggered condition no longer exits. Admin has to log into AC to know what happened. If you need this option, you can create feature request on the following page:
Please see following reasons why you can not receive messages from second notification method:
1) First of all you need to validate email address, what are added in email field for second notification method. if address will not be validated, you can not receive notification message.
2) Second reason can be related to escalation policy in group:
- if the first escalation policy is 'Notify selected group member', alert will be sent as triggered to the selected user according to this fist policy. Second notification method will not be run never. It is correct application behavior.
3) if alert is triggered by someone before running second notification policy, you will not receive notification message from second notification method.
Please see instruction how to receive messages from second notification method:
1) Validate email address, what are added in email field for second notification method (User page)
2) Select 'Notify all group members' or 'Notify group member from selected calendar' item in escalation policy of group (Group page).
3) Sent alert -> Notification message is sent according first notification method. -> Please don't trigger alert
4) Wait time, what is set in second Notification Policy of user (User page). -> Message should be send according to second notification method of user.