14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 7:15 AM by Lawrence Garvin

Configuring patch manager for SCCM 2012

mike.palmer@sophos.com

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the following setup.

I have an existing Patch Manager 2.0 deployment which supports WSUS via an automation role service on the WSUS server (Windows 2012). I would now like to expand the service to a test enviornment which I have SCCM 2012 SP1 R2 installed (separate AD domain, no trust).

What I'm thinking about doing is installing a automation role service on the SCCM server and connect back to the PAS.

Questions.

1. Will this work without a trust relationship between the domains?

2. Do I need to install the SCCM 2012 console on the PAS and re-install it so it can connect to SCCM?

Mike

• Re: Configuring patch manager for SCCM 2012
          Lawrence Garvin
          What I'm thinking about doing is installing a automation role service on the SCCM server and connect back to the PAS.

That's half the requirement. (I'm assuming that SCCM 2012 will be installed on a WS2012 server. If not, different requirements apply.)

In addition, you will need to install the Patch Manager/CM2012 console integration on each CM2012 console installation where you wish to use the Patch Manager functionality. At a minimum, this would be the Site Server.

Once the console integration is installed, then you can register the Configuration Manager environment with the existing Patch Manager environment.

A trust relationship is not required; all authentication is performed from stored credentials in the Patch Manager server. The only requirement is that Patch Manager can communicate with a DC in each domain.

There is no need to install the CM2012 console on the PM server; in fact, I would argue against doing it on principle.