This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Deactivating a Tech - is there any documentation on when you do this?

FormerMember
FormerMember

I've been searching for some documentation that tells me all about deactiving a tech, but haven't had any luck finding one.  We have a tech that is no longer with us and I have made his account in active, i'm just wondering  what happens to their old OPEN tickets - who do they get assigned to, how do you do a search for their closed tickets, etc?

• As long as you just untick the active box on their account nothing will change on there tickets (apart from seeing [i] next to their name)

and you will still be able to search / report on their account.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to conners

So when I try to do a search for tickets by Tech, this person is no longer listed and therefore I cannot see their open tickets. Is there another search function I am missing?  There isn't anything in the system that will allow you to assign all tickets of a user you are about to deactivated to another tech?

• The only way I have been able to get around this is to keep them active until all of their tickets have been reassigned.

• You can do a search query for all tickets assigned to that tech. Then create a bulk action item that will assign the tickets to Tech X (whoever that may be).

Alternatively, other techs in the same tech group as the deactivated tech should be able to see the tickets under Group Tickets (especially if the request type has an assigned Tech Group). However if the request type is not assigned to a tech group AND you remove that deactivated tech from their tech groups then the tickets are no longer associated to the tech group and therefore will not show up under Group Tickets.

• You can do a search query for all tickets assigned to that tech. Then create a bulk action item that will assign the tickets to Tech X (whoever that may be). Waiting for tickets to be re-assigned manually is not really the best way to do it.