This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Using the Computer Explorer - Save customized view of "Windows Update Log" / delete Log

Hi,

How do I delete the WindowsUpdate.log from within the PatchManager or do i have to delete the file manually on the client (my testclient here)?

Everytime I view the Log in "Computer Explorer" I see Log-rows of mid of April (04/14/2014) and have to sort by clicking on the column header "Date". Is there a way to save this config or is deleting the log the one-and-only?

Thanks

• How do I delete the WindowsUpdate.log from within the PatchManager

You don't. The WindowsUpdate.log is the logfile of the Windows Update Agent and exists on every system. The logfile has a max size of 2 megabytes, and the WUA automatically purges the oldest records to maintain the logfile under that size.

Is there a way to save this config or is deleting the log the one-and-only?

The View State of the Computer Explorer can be saved with Save View Layout, just like any other datagrid in Patch Manager.

6-2-2014 10-53-33 AM.png

• Thanks - Tomatoes and eyes ... I must have been blind.