This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Getting baseline threshold values to appear in alerts

Hi y'all emoticons_happy.png

I'm having one of those days (again)... We've set up some devices to use baseline calculations for their interface utilisation alerting, all works well.

But I would like to have the actual threshold value within the alert message text (email).

Does anyone know if there is a ${Threshold.Baseline.Value} type variable that would allow me to do this?

Thanks.

• I have picked the steps from another thwack follow the same:

On your solarwinds server

1. open "Advanced Alert Manager"
    2. Click Configure Alerts
    3. Select the Alert,  and click edit
    4. Select Trigger actions Tab
    5. Select Edit Selected Action
    6. Select message tab

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Click on Insert Variable button, you would see all variables available for your alert - use the one you require.

Hope this helps

• Are you using a custom property to hold the threshold value? If not, I am not sure I understand the use case.

Whenever I set a threshold in the alert manually on the trigger condition tab, I just use the same logic and say in the email body " threshold = xx Mbps".

• The above steps are provided only to get to the variable list available for the alert you have created.

• Thanks Vinay BY for the manual excerpt. emoticons_wink.png

I'm fairly conversed with Advanced Alert Manager, being Solarwinds Certified, but I am still having issues locating the interface threshold values...

I can see, under Variable Category "NodesThresholdsAlerts" values such as CpuLoadCriticalValue and CpuLoadWarningValue, PercentLossCritcal/WarningValue,PercentMemoryUsedCriticalValue, etc, but nothing about interface thresholds.

And yes I've looked in "Interfaces" and "interfaceThresholdsAlerts" but can only see Out/InDiscardCritical/WarningValue, nothing about interface utilisation critical/waring values.

And RomeoG no, no custom values, just dynamic baselines, hence why we'd like to see the actual critical/warning value, especially as we tune these alerts.

Would it be possible to see a screenshot of your message body please?

Mine looks like so (WAN_Link and inter_link are true/false custom properties):

${Node.Caption} ${InterfaceName} has breached its utilisation threshold.

Interface Alais: ${InterfaceAlias}

Interface description: ${FullName}

Inbound %age utilisation: ${InPercentUtil}

Outbound %age utilisation: ${OutPercentUtil}

Wan Link: ${WAN_Link}

Internal connection: ${inter_link}

For more information: ${InterfaceDetailsURL}

To acknowledge: ${AcknowledgeURL}

Threshold alerts: ${InterfacesThresholdsAlerts.InterfacesThresholdsAlertsDetailsURL}

I've had a play with some SQL variables, but this only works if the interface threshold has been set for that individual interface and returns empty for all other interfaces.

And also that the device has two entries in the Thresholds table, indicates that I am missing the significance of some of the other fields.

Warning Threshold: ${SQL:SELECT TOP 1 t.Warning FROM Interfaces i INNER JOIN Thresholds t ON t.InstanceID = i.InterfaceID WHERE i.NodeId = ${Node.NodeID}}

Critical Threshold: ${SQL:SELECT TOP 1 t.Critical FROM Interfaces i INNER JOIN Thresholds t ON t.InstanceID = i.InterfaceID WHERE i.NodeId = ${Node.NodeID}}

I feel with the level at which the responses are aimed, that I am missing a trick here. This should be easy...

Hope it helps clarify my situation, beyond RTFM. emoticons_happy.png