This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Gaps in DPA graphs

Hi,

I have noticed that we have gaps in our resource graphs and there is nothing mentioned in logs, that I can see, graph example:

gap.jpg

Is this expected behavior of Database Performance analyzer? Should I expect to see some missing data like this from time to time?

Regards,

• The metrics are gathered by running queries directly against SQL Server. As long as we can query and get a response back from the database engine, then we should not be missing metric collections.  Are you a customer with current maintenance?  If yes, you can create a support ticket including your logs (we'll want to specifically take a look at metric collections in the contime.cvs file and see if there are gaps.

Also, do all of the metrics show a similar gap or is it just this metric?  Let me know if you'd like to open a ticket.

• Yes, I am a customer with maintenance. Wanted to confirm that this is not a usual thing in the forum emoticons_happy.png I have set up database availability alert and currently only time the data is missing from graphs is when i got the alert... Though I think I'd like to open a ticket just to be sure.