1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2014 8:57 AM by olha.zelena

alerts

kad5118

In solar winds in the home tab all groups window.what are the steps involve to modify the alerts.I am receiving a lot of email alerts about network nodes that goes down and regain network connection.I cant reach the person before me that setup solar winds so I am kind of starting from scratch.How can i create a rule to where it will filter the alerts by priority.

• Re: alerts
          olha.zelena

Good day,

these questions are rather to NPM team or other product you're using. But I'll share my own knowledge on this.

I can't tell you about groups tab, but you can limit a number of incoming from Orion alerts by:

1) selecting nodes (devices) to monitor. You can set it up on SolarWindsOrion Console ->Home -> Summary -> Manage Nodes

2) selecting events which alerts are triggered on.

Advanced Alert Manager (it's in your programs) -> Configure Alerts -> Manage Alerts. Here you can select which events will be the triggered as alerts

The same you can do for Basic Alerts:

Basic Alert Manager (it's in your programs) -> Configure Alerts -> Manage Alerts. Here you can select which events will be the triggered as alerts

Severity is assigned to every event separately. So you can just select needed events and specify severity for them. See examples below

ListOfAlerts.png

AlertGoesDownSeverity.png