2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 3:40 PM by winuxguy

WHD Installation Initialization from localhost only

aca5tle

Hello, I am looking for a way to bypass the WHD installation initialization from the localhost only.

Question: How can I setup a Linux server without a GUI and complete the initialization on http://localhost:8081?

On a server install of Linux without a GUI/browser it appears to be impossible to set it up. I tried LYNX but that didn't work. Do I have to install a GUI just long enough to run the first setup? Is there another work-around for this?

Thanks

• Re: WHD Installation Initialization from localhost only
          blankenshipr

The only way I can think of to do this without installing a GUI would be to use SSH forwarding.

• Enable SSH forwarding on your SSH server (if necessary)
          • Install PuTTY on your Windows machine (or use ssh on your Linux desktop)
          • Set up a port forwarding scheme in PuTTY that will forward local port 8081 to 127.0.0.1:8081   (127.0.0.1 is relative to the remote SSH host)
          • Open the SSH connection and login.
          • Open your browser to 127.0.0.1:8081 and you should get the WHD setup!
            • Re: WHD Installation Initialization from localhost only
              winuxguy

You may certainly do these (service webhelpdesk stop):

1. Stop WHD after install

2. Edit the file /usr/local/webhelpdesk/conf/whd.conf and look for the line below:

PRIVILEGED_NETWORKS=

and set it to:

PRIVILEGED_NETWORKS=*

3. Save the file and start WHD (service webhelpdesk start)

If you are done with the initialization, you can revert the changes above with the "PRIVILEGED_NETWORKS="