2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 6:45 AM by ttl

Directory Service connector issues

ttl

I was wondering if anyone has had extensive experience trying to get the Directory Service connector to work correctly in LEM 5.7. I have had an issue where the Connector throws Internal Warning errors that it can't connect, and nothing short of restarting the Manager seems to help. Even after restarting the Manager, when I go to Build > Directory Service Group and try to navigate down groups 3 levels down, I get this error:

The account in question is a Domain Admin. Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?

It's also kind of annoying that the Directory Services connector under Manage > Appliance > Connectors shows as running even when credentials are incorrect. I know this is in the KB but come on, doesn't that sound a little (unintuitive, illogical, broken) ?

• Re: Directory Service connector issues
          curtisi

It seems odd to me that the connector works, but fails at the third layer down in a structure.  Can you bring in users or groups that are less than 3 layers deep?  Can you go three layers down a different branch?  Or does any branch fail?

Do you have any interesting characters in the names on the branch or branches that are failing?

Naming conventions in Active Directory for computers, domains, sites, and OUs

• Re: Directory Service connector issues
              ttl

No strange characters. Interestingly, when I try to add a Directory Services group today, I get "Directory Services associated with the domain 'blah.local' is unresponsive."  I checked the KB yesterday and the article that mentions this isn't helpful. If I wait 10 minutes and try to add a Directory Services group, I can ennumerate the top-level AD (i.e. I don't get the same error). But when I navigate down from Top Level > XYZ ou > Security Groups, I can't ennumerate Security Groups, though I can ennumerate some other OUs at the same level. It's very weird, which is why I had to post and share the insanity.