This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Backup Cisco 2901 Routers Acting as Terminal Server

We are currently employing Cisco 2901 Routers as our terminal servers and we are running into the problem of NCM not being able to pull down the configs from them because it doesn't know how to exit the menu to get into the cli. I understand that you can create a custom templates for special cases, but am unaware of how to do this and have not found one that works for the 2901. Does anyone know of a solution to my problem?

• Hi Anthony,

We got the same problem,to exit the menu, an "x" should be send to get into the cli. To achieve this, I have made a special device type template file for 2901 terminal servers. Just put the file in the NCM installation directory: NCM/DeviceTypes, on the poller where this node resides. The file is automatically selected when you choose "Auto Detect"

(OOB= Out Of Band). When a simular terminalserver devicetype other than a 2901 is being used, manually select this Cisco OOB devicetype.

Cheers!

Sef

Cisco OOB-1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1046.ConfigMgmt-Commands
  • Hello Sef,

Thanks for your template. To exit my menu I have to type an 'e' so I edited the template as such. Also the "Auto Detect" kept selecting the wrong template but I manually selected the Cisco OOB template and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Ose