Which VMware package have you moved to for monitoring? Were there specific features that encouraged you to switch? Is there capability we could have added to Virtualization Manager that would have changed this decision?
VMWare vCenter Operations Manager 5.8.1. I believe it was more of a financial decision than anything to do with the capability of Virtualization Manager. Our parent company have a 3-yr contract with VMWare so we get this virtually free.
Any ideas on the .ovf, can we just delete it?
The following instructions will be added to the Admin Guide with the 6.1 release:
Uninstallation of Virtualization Manager
Warning: The deletion is irreversible. Deleting the master appliance also deletes the database. If you want to keep your database for later use, make sure that you do not delete the appliance.
To uninstall a Virtualization Manager appliance:
- If you have Virtualization Manager integrated with Orion, open the Settings page of the Orion web console.
- Click Virtualization Settings in the Settings grouping.
- Click Setup Virtualization Manager integration.
- Select Disable Integration.
- After the integration with Orion is disabled, turn off, and then delete the federated collectors and the master appliance.