VMAN 6.1 RC3 bits can be downloaded from your Customer Portal and installation instructions can be found in the attached PDF. Please read these instructions carefully before proceeding. Note that Release Candidates are fully tested and supported releases and are suitable to be run in production. 6.1 RC3 can be run as an upgrade from 6.1 RC1 or RC2, as well as from 6.0 or 6.0.1 installs. If you have problems with the RC, you can file a ticket with Support just as you would for any other Generally Available (GA) version.
I look forward to your feedback on the RC in the VMAN RC Forum! To get acquainted with the new features in 6.1, reference this blog post and this Product Blog post on Thwack! If you’d like to arrange a call with me to discuss this version of VMAN, or anything else related to SolarWinds or VMAN, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
VMan 6.1 RC 3 is cumulative with 6.1 RC1, RC2, 6.1 Betas, 6.0.1 HotFixes and provides support for significantly improved functionality VMAN data inside the Orion integration with NPM & SAM:
- Synchronization Wizard to help you get up and running with the integration
- Account Limitations (Role-based Access Control)
- Baselining (aka Dynamic Thresholds) for VMs, Hosts, Clusters, and Datastores
- Hyper-V Clusters
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Fixes included in 6.1 RC3 (differences from RC2):
- 332417 - After VIM and VMAN integration, Polling Source for Hyper-V host was incorrectly changed to point to VMAN. As a result, VIM will never receive any data for the Hyper-V hosts. This issue is addressed in RC3.
- 334307 - Datastore latency chart located on the Datastore Details page shows incorrect units (milliseconds instead of seconds) in the legend. This issue is addressed in RC3.
- 334617 - VIM_Hosts table deleted and renewed with every job. This could result in an incorrectly map host. This issue is addressed in RC3.
- 334760 - When a data source is removed for VMan (either manually or automatically - Hyper-V) and this data source was set to send data to VIM. VIM will no longer receive the data and at the same time user will be unable to switch polling back to VIM using the sync wizard. This issue is addressed in RC3.
- 330565 - Resource utilization stops showing any values after changing poller for the node that was added from VMan. This issue is addressed in RC3.
- 334100 - In a setup with two polling engines, integrated hosts located on the second engine would not receive data. This issue is addressed in RC3.
Fixes included in 6.1 RC2 (differences from RC1):
- 326000 – For a user with an account limitation on a single cluster or a group of clusters, the storage tab under the Cluster Details page was not visible. This issue has been addressed. The only exception is when there are no hosts under a cluster; the storage tab will still be unavailable. This is by design.
- 327167 – In certain situations, IP addresses for VMs on a Hyper-V host were being misinterpreted on the Orion side. In Orion, this could have potentially resulted in missing nodes to VMs associations. Without this resolution, it would have required a manual update to the IP address field on the “Add Node” page in Orion. This is no longer necessary.
- 328316 – When a Hyper-V VM is in off-critical state, no data for the Hyper-V server was available on the Orion side. This has been addressed.
- 328844 – Data sent from VMAN to Orion did not pass correct time-zone information to Orion. Depending on the Orion time-zone, this could have resulted in incorrect time data to be stored in the database. This would have caused incorrect details to be displayed on various resources and charts. VMAN passes correct time-zone information to Orion now.