8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2014 2:12 AM by wzahoor

NPM not showing WAN Link Down

wzahoor

Yesterday we had some issues in WAN link from telco end where no traffic was there on link. interfaces on routers at both end of my network were up, but no traffic. Why didn't NMP alert me or changed the status if link is down?

• Re: NPM not showing WAN Link Down
          shawn_b

NPM will alert you if the link goes down, not if there isn't any traffic.

NPM looks at the status of the managed device - interface, node and hardware components among others.

in your case NPM was seeing that your node (router) and the interface (links) were up and would not have triggered an alert.

if you want to monitor traffic across the link you may have to install and configure a NTA alert

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            wzahoor

thnx for replies. i've confgiured basic alerts but getting 1000s of emails daily. i'll give it try as Andy has mentioned and will see results. Still my basic question is there, Can't I see it in my map real time?

wzahoor

Hi there, I opened a support ticket with solarwinds but they told that this feature is not currently available in NPM and advised me to keep chekicng thwak community if other users are also complaining same issue. Please advise if this has now been resolved or note? I need NPM to alert on realtime if there is any change on an interface i.e. either interface down or no traffic on it. Same as solarwinds Enginee'r tool works.

Please advise.