5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 5:01 PM by tdanner

Acknowledge Alert via SDK Perl

c.gura

I am calling the Acknowledge Alert syntax using the example from the sample.pl file for the Perl example.

When I do the following

my $alertDefId = $alert->{alertdefid};

my $alertNodeId = $alert->{activeobject};

my $node_alerts = \SOAP::Data->name('ArrayOfAlertInfo')->value(

SOAP::Data->name('AlertInfo')->attr({xmlns=>'http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2008/Orion'})->value(

SOAP::Data->name('DefinitionId')->type('')->value($alertDefId),

SOAP::Data->name('ObjectType')->type('')->value('Node'),

SOAP::Data->name('ObjectId')->type('')->value($alertNodeId)

)

);

my $result = $swql->swis->Invoke( 'Orion.AlertStatus', 'Acknowledge', [$node_alerts] );

I get a return value of 'false' and the Alert is NOT Acknowledged. 

How can I acknowledge the Alert through the SDK, remember I am doing this with PERL and I am using the InformationService.pm and Orion.pm modules?

Thank you,

Charles

• Re: Acknowledge Alert via SDK Perl
          derhally

Can you try placing the namespace on the ArrayOfAlertInfo element instead of AlertInfo and see if that works?

c.gura

I believe it is on the ArrayOfAlertInfo

SOAP::Data->name('AlertInfo')->attr({xmlns=>'http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2008/Orion'})->value(

)

);

derhally

In your snippet, the xmlns is being added to the "AlertInfo" element.

)

);

c.gura

I get the same response:

my $node_alerts = \SOAP::Data->name('ArrayOfAlertInfo')->attr({xmlns=>'http://schemas.solarwinds.com/2008/Orion'})->value(

SOAP::Data->name('AlertInfo')->value(

)

);

false

• Re: Re: Acknowledge Alert via SDK Perl
                          tdanner

We are spending too much time fighting with SOAP and XML serialization. JSON is much more forgiving. I was able to acknowlege an alert by posting this body to https://localhost:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Invoke/Orion.AlertStatus/Acknowledge:

[
                            [
                              {
                                "DefinitionId": "F70CAB60-D451-4DBB-97D1-C84649DFC81E",
                                "ObjectId": "19",
                                "ObjectType": "Interface"
                              }
                            ]
                          ]

Explaining the brackets and braces: the post data for .../Invoke/... is a json array of arguments. Orion.AlertStatus.Acknowledge takes one argument that is a list of AlertInfo objects, so that's the inner array. The json object inside the two levels of json array is the actual AlertInfo object. No need for a class name or namespace - it will figure it out.