5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2014 12:27 AM by JiriPsota

Routing Neighbors Alert

damiancbessemer

The information presented in the Dashboard is perfect.

Am I missing something? Why is the alert on that very same information so poor?

Ideally, the email alert should report exactly what the dashboard does, again, which is perfect.

• Re: Routing Neighbors Alert
          JiriPsota

Hi,

Can you give me a use case? What alert are you not able to build with current properties.

Thanks

• Re: Re: Routing Neighbors Alert
              damiancbessemer

Thanks for responding.

On the dashboard, under 'Network', within the 'Network' subtab is a section called 'Routing Neighbors'. The information is helpful, and we would like an alert containing this information.

Node Name     Protocol     Status    IP Address

Thanks again.

JiriPsota

Try to use this in your Trigger Action Message:

Node Name: ${SQL:SELECT NodeName=CASE (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Nodes WHERE IP_Address='${NeighborIP}')

WHEN 0 THEN '${NeighborIP}'

ELSE (SELECT DISTINCT Caption FROM Nodes WHERE IP_Address='${NeighborIP}')

END}

Protocol: ${SQL:SELECT DisplayName FROM NPM_RoutingProtocol WHERE ProtocolID=${ProtocolID} AND IP_Version = (SELECT IP_Version FROM NPM_RoutingNeighbor WHERE NeighborID=${NeighborID})}

IPAddress: ${NeighborIP}

damiancbessemer

Thanks for the offering.

I tried this script, but I have questions about the results.

Please see the generated email below:

Node Name: ${SQL:SELECT NodeName=CASE (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Nodes WHERE IP_Address='$@NeighborIP@')
                      WHEN 0 THEN '$@NeighborIP@'
                      ELSE (SELECT DISTINCT Caption FROM Nodes WHERE IP_Address='$@NeighborIP@')
                      END}
                      Protocol: OSPF
                      IPAddress: 10.x.x.x

I really like the Protocol, Status and IP Address information supplied, but can't really do much what precedes. Where do I modify to make it work?

Thanks again,

JiriPsota

Can you try to run the SQL query (in SQL Management Studio or other tool). What is the result? Use specific Neighbor IP instead of ${NeighborIP}

SELECT NodeName=CASE (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Nodes WHERE IP_Address='${NeighborIP}')

WHEN 0 THEN '${NeighborIP}'

ELSE (SELECT DISTINCT Caption FROM Nodes WHERE IP_Address='${NeighborIP}')

END