This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UDT and 3750 Switches

Hi,

just wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting switch port info from Cisco 3750s using UDT. I can get switch port info from all other Cisco models except for the 3750s.

Any suggestions/experience

Thanks.

• I found an old thread where a user saw the same thing on 3750s running 12.2. That thread was not resolved but if you have the same IOS that might be the issue.

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/176516#176516

• Thanks for the response - we are running 15.0.2. I've done all the things mentioned in the thread. Performed a mib walk on the 3750 switch from Orion and got all the bridging MIBs. I have a ticket open with Cisco and Solarwinds and at this point they are blaming each other. Would really like to make use of this software. Works great for the other model switches.

Thank you

• I would ask SolarWinds support to tell you *exactly* what is missing from the switch so that you can work with Cisco on fixing it. It might be worthwhile to discover/add a lab switch that works with UDT and one of the 3750's and do a packet capture from the Orion server and compare the results. This will give yopu concrete information about what is missing and who needs to fix it.

• I checked since I also have a 3750G running in my Lab network, and I was seeing the same issue for some ports. It appears that the polling timeouts is an issue that we have seen waiting for results from the 37xx devices. You can execute 2 SQL Queries to extend the timeout to see the connection data.

update udt_setting set settingvalue = 120 where settingname = 'UDT.SnmpTimeout'

update udt_setting set settingvalue = 60 where settingname = 'UDT.PollingJobTimeout'

• Thanks Sean! BTW, do you know what the default time are?

• We have couple of 3750G's running 12.2(58)SE2 and I'm getting port information as should. So no problems. (No names, but that's because we have no DNS available in that network. IP's and MAC's shows normally. )

• Ismo - thanks for the response. Not sure how to go about extending the values or how this would impact the rest of queries. Could you explain in more detail. I've been pulling my hair out - adding snmp config to my switches. Still have a ticket open with Solarwinds and Cisco and both teams have escalated the ticket but, no one seems to have an answer.

Thanks

• there is a default settings column in the same table; but here they are

UDT.DataMigration.WaitForDoneTimeoutMinutes15
    UDT.DiscoveryJobTimeout10
    UDT.DnsJobTimeout30
    UDT.Layer3JobTimeout15
    UDT.PollingJobTimeout15
    UDT.RouterDiscoveryJobTimeout120
    UDT.SnmpTimeout5

Soalrwinds keeps telling me that it works and that they have larger customers running it, but frankly I don't believe them.

If anyone out there has more than 300K ports or 4,500 switches in UDT could you PM me

• Have you applied the buddy drop that copes with replies larger than 4K ?

UDT polls devices using getBulk, and if the getbulk runs off the end of the table into something that returns large chunks of data (e.g. a MAC history blob of data) then the replied (in UDP packets) will be larger than it expects and replies are dropped.

• Richard - I have 4500s working in UDT, I have issue with 3750s.

Richard where do I find this table? And, how do I apply the buddy drop?

Thanks