groups have to be uniquely named -- it's the primary key on the table so if you have a group called Location 1 it can be a member of several groups...
I name my groups:
gp sgp subsubgroup
kind of sucks , but's is wot I got.
YEah I would recommend your second suggestion so that you can use the naming convention of Location_ObjectType for your subgroups.
- Create node custom properties for loocation and objecttype
- create your location groups
- create your location_objecttype groups
- nest your groups as you want
- create dynamic queries within your subgrouos to pull where location and objecttype match what you want
- done- maybe set a few node trees to sort by your custom properties as well?