3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 3:20 PM by dbladorn

Error Message: FTP Voyager has stopped working

smokyduck

I'm running FTP Voyager 16.1.0.0 on Windows 7 on a Dell laptop.  It opens and functions properly, but after a minute or so, it abruptly closes with a Window error message "FTP Voyager has stopped working". Needless to say, the necessity to keep opening the program because it consistently closes itself is frustrating.  Any thoughts?

• Re: Error Message: FTP Voyager has stopped working
          dbladorn

a) Could an anti-virus program be flagging it and/or forcefully stopping it?

b) Could another program that installs its own Shell Extension be causing the failure (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive, WinZip, etc.)?

c) Is the program just sitting idle or are you performing a series of actions that can easily reproduce the issue on a consistent basis?

smokyduck

Thank you ... very possibly, since I have Winzip and Dropbox.  I also have AVG Free installed.  What steps do you recommend I take?

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 12:07 PM

To: Jack White

Subject: Re:  - Error Message: FTP Voyager has stopped working

thwack

Error Message: FTP Voyager has stopped working

reply from dbladorn in FTP Voyager - View the full discussion

dbladorn

Ideally, an anti-virus program will notify you that it has blocked an application from running.  You may have to dive into their logs to figure out if it was a culprit in 'forcefully' closing FTP Voyager.

It's very difficult to tell if another program interferes with Voyager if they have a Shell Namespace Extension.  I'm not sure what the best course of action for that is.

If you can perform a set of actions that is always causing FTP Voyager to exit, then I would chalk that up as being a bug in the software.  You should be able to submit a bug report to Solarwinds regarding what you found.