This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WPM - No transactions will run - Brand new install

Brand new installation of WPM. It will not even run the default www.google.com transaction. The logs indicate credential problems. "No available user account to start new worker process."

2014-04-22 10:08:59,322 [PlaybackDispatcher] ERROR SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.WorkerProcessManagement.WorkerProcessManager - Unable to create worker process. Trying again.

SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Exceptions.AgentException: Unable to launch worker process 9f18e802-8da2-440b-b7df-401f8a0a3f8a

Any ideas? I used all of the default settings. The poller and player are on the same server as the Server and Application Monitor.

• Just an additional error:

Player is in active mode and refused direct connection.

This finally showed up in the Solarwinds console for the Orion Server. I know it says that a port needs to be opened between the server and the player, but they are on the same box. Firewall is off.

• Is this the player that is installed on the primary Orion server by default when you first install WPM or is this a separate player you've deployed to an additional poller manually?

• It is the player that is installed on the primary Orion server. I've just installed it today, this is the first time we are using it. No additional pollers were installed.

• When the WPM player is installed it creates several new local user accounts on the machine for the worker processes to execute under. These user accounts are SEUM-USER-1, SEUM-USER-2, etc. These local user accounts must have permissions to login locally to the Orion server. It's my belief that either these local Windows user accounts where not created for some reason, or that non-default local or group policy restrictions are preventing these user accounts from working.

• I see where it created 7 local accounts for SEUM-USER-1 and so on, but I'm still seeing the errors. I've tried adding them to the local admin group, as one of the logs indicates that the user account being used either has incorrect credentials or does not have admin privileges. I tried making them local admins, but this did not work either. The Orion Server still indicated the same message over and over. Player is in active mode and refused direct connection.

• FIXED - The 7 accounts needed to be added to the admins group. Also, for some reason, the web console reported that WPM Player Settings was set to Server Initiated, while the local application under Start --> All Program --> Solarwinds Orion --> WMP --> WPM Player Settings had Player Initiated Communication selected. Working much better now! Thank you aLTeReGo!

• Based on that message it sounds like the player may be using "Player Initiated Communication" mode. Can you please open the WPM Player Settings on the Orion Server and verify that it's configured to use "Server Initiated Communication"?

Server Initiated Communication.png

• This is an old post but this answer helped me out! Thanks!!