This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Property issue in Custom Query SWQL

Per the documentation,

SELECT Caption FROM Orion.Nodes WHERE Node.CustomProperties.City = 'Atlanta'

Should work in a custom query object, but instead I get 'there was an error in querying the solarwinds information service'

Am I missing something or should a support case be opened?

EDIT:

I was able to get it to work with a slightly more advanced query and joining the custom properties to the nodes.

SELECT N.Caption AS [Node Name], OCP.StoreGroup, N.StatusDescription, '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + N.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node Name] FROM Orion.NodesCustomProperties OCP

INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes N ON OCP.NodeID = N.NodeID WHERE OCP.StoreGroup = (SELECT StoreGroup FROM Orion.NodesCustomProperties WHERE NodeID = ${NodeID})

Anyone else have this issue?

• Hi Ed,

I tried you query to sort out information from my Custom Properties. It appears to me that the ${NodeID} at the end of the Query is not working form me. Do you have any idea why so?

The rest of the query works, only that part doesn't.

Thanks for sharing and hope you have some clue for me,

Dibsman