This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

IPAM Organization

Just wondering how most companys set up their IPAM.

This is how I was thinking of organizing it:

I create a a folder for each site.

Within the folder I create each subnet that exists at that site - even /30 subnets. I'm trying to give subnets at all sites with similiar functions, similiar names. For instance: Belfast Century Link MPLS and Dublin Century Link MPLS for /30 networks between the company routers and the carrier.

Also, we have small /29 networks between our LAN router interfaces and Riverbeds and Core switches. These networks could be part of a supernet or summarized entry as well. So, I'm thinking of having an entry for the /29 subnet under the site that it exists in and also have a global supernet entry including all of the networks within this supernet that have this function. For example the global supernet would be 172.31.0.0/16 - the site entry would be 172.31.20.8/29.

Than you, Pat