What does V6 get me.
In addition to the integration with NPM & SAM, VMAN v6 provides resizable widgets and enhanced capabilities for collecting performance and capacity information about Hyper-V storage.
The feature you are referring to we refer to internally as "parameterized dashboards." It did not make it into the 6.1 release, but is still very much on the list. And don't worry, we definitely have not forgot about the customers that haven't deployed Orion in their environments, as there are still a couple of you out there.
Regarding the features in 6.0 and 6.1 that are not related to the integration, there has been quite a bit of effort there:
- Significant stability improvements in terms of scaling data collection for large environments
- Improvements to the Performance Analyzer charts
- Improvements to the map view and widget
- (As Lawrence mentioned) Many improvements for Hyper-V including support for Cluster Shared Volumes
- Full support for VMware NFS Datastores including with the integration to Storage Manager
- Resizable dashboard widgets
- Many security patches/updates including an upgrade of the underlying CentOS operating system and it's supporting packages
- SolarWinds Gen3 licensing which allows you to a more seamless maintenance experience - no more switching keys at renewal time!
- Deactivate license within the appliance
- Improvements to the responsiveness of the GUI
If you are interested in discussing your use cases more, I'm always happy to talk with customers regarding their needs for the product on Thwack or offline.