3 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2014 11:22 AM by Lawrence Garvin

antivirus exclusions for Patch Manager

bkilbourne

Does anyone have a list of antivirus exclusion for patchmanager?  When approving some Adobe updates I need to turn of my AV.  I've tried excluding the solar winds directory but no luck.

• Re: antivirus exclusions for Patch Manager
          Lawrence Garvin

Are you looking for exclusions for the Patch Manager SERVER... or for the clients installing updates?

bkilbourne

looks like i may have found it.  was looking for exclusions for the server itself.

Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP:

• c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\
              • c:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\
              • c:\Program Files\Common Files\SolarWinds\
              • c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\
              • c:\Program Files\SolarWinds\

Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 

• c:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\
              • c:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\
              • c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolarWinds\
              • c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\
              • c:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\
                  Lawrence Garvin

The only thing I would recommend excluding from AV/AM for the *SERVER* is the packages subfolder tree, as all of those files are normally already code-signed.

%ProgramFiles%\SolarWinds\Patch Manager\Server\packages\publisher

For the *CONSOLE* you'd want to exclude a portion of the %AppData% folder, because cached copies of those binaries are downloaded there before being transferred to the Patch Manager server.

Excluding the two database files: eminentware.mdf and eminentware_log.ldf is also useful (as is the case for any MDF/LDF files).