This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Options missing / nonfunctional from node Custom Charts driven by SQL queries

Hello,

In the past, I wrote a report that uses a SQL-driven query to make a chart for the number of clients connected to each of the wireless access points on the wireless controller.

Query:

SELECT

Detail.[DateTime] AS Timestamp,

Status.Status AS 'AP Name',

SUM(Detail.[RawStatus]) AS 'Client Count'

FROM

[SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[CustomPollerStatistics_Detail]

AS Detail

INNER JOIN [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[CustomPollerStatus]

AS Status

ON Left(Detail.[RowID], Len(Detail.[RowID]) - 2) = Status.[RowID]

WHERE

Detail.[CustomPollerAssignmentID] = '6C4E621B-A7D3-439C-8402-D692BE67743A'

AND Detail.[DateTime] >= ${FromTimeUTC}

AND Detail.[DateTime] < ${ToTimeUTC}

GROUP BY

Detail.[DateTime],

Status.Status

ORDER BY Timestamp

On the report, I accomplished this by creating the data source, adding the "Client Count" data set as the Left Y-Axis data, setting its "Time Column" to "Timestamp" under the "More" panel for the data set, and under "Multiple objects in datasource" setting the "Object ID Column" to "AP Name".

However, when doing the same after adding the Custom Chart resource to a Node view I am finding that the "Browse" button to assign a value from the dataset to the "Time Column" is missing entirely (making it impossible to proceed), and that the "Multiple objects in datasource" options only appear until you've at least tried to either submit or preview the changes.

Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround in the meantime?

• Hello

Try  add new Custom chart resource and create from scratch. Probably in first attempt you didn't define ${FromTimeUTC} macros.

Known issue.

Untitled.png

• Well, I've successfully tested that same query in the two areas; for reporting and for a custom chart resource on a node view.  In both areas the preview of the data source itself returns the expected output.  However, in only the custom chart resource usage am I still missing the "Browse" button near "Time Column".  I tried the following query and get the same behavior:

Query:

SELECT

FROM

AS Detail

AS Status

WHERE

AND Detail.[DateTime] >= ${fromtime}

GROUP BY

Detail.[DateTime],

Status.Status

ORDER BY Timestamp

I am still completely unable to get a "Browse" button to allow for me to configure the Time Column.  The same query as used when building a web report works exactly as intended, and has a "Browse" button that allows for the Time Column mapping.

• Did you try create resource from scratch? Detail.[DateTime] is that datetime type? Should be if it is working in Report.

Remove Order by (you dont need that in Custom chart

1. Add new custom chart resource to report put above query and try create in report.

2. Add NEW resource Custom chart (not copy) resource to view put above query.

If don't work please create support ticket and put number here I'll look at it.

• Hello,

Last week I was able to open a ticket with support ( Ticket #607374 ).  In working with the technician he was able to reproduce the same behavior as I am experiencing in his own NPM 10.7 environment.  Thus, this seems like a bug in NPM itself, but as I recall you were able to get it to work in yours.  Do you have any insight into this issue that we missed while working on opening that ticket?

• Hello

I picked your first query and paste it to Custom chart in view and it is working. Support should contact you, if my last suggestion is not working we should arrange goto meeting because it is strange.

Hello,

I use this:

SELECT

FROM

AS Detail

AS Status

WHERE

AND Detail.[DateTime] >= ${FromTimeUTC}

AND Detail.[DateTime] < ${ToTimeUTC}

GROUP BY

Detail.[DateTime],

Status.Status

ORDER BY Timestamp

And I see browse button. I don't have any data but I can pick timestamp.

Could you please use exact this query with new created "Custom chart"

1. Create fresh new Custom chart resource in view.

2. Put above query.

I see browse button if I use above query. I attached two screenshots from my env. where I use above query and I see the browse button.

reports-2-2-000753.png

reports-2-2-000754.png