3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 10:11 AM by RichardLetts

Logon Issue

hargy1976

HI,

I have a issue where I have installed solarwinds and am unable to log on.  I know it is something I have not done or missed. 

I have set up/installed as follows.

Database on its own server (Server 2012, SQL 2012 )

NPM on its own server pointing to Database (Server 2012 )

Web/IIS on another server.   (Server 2012)

The page loads but does not let me log on with admin and no password.   I have launched the Database manager and checked the accounts table but this does not return any records.

Can anybody let me know what I have missed please

• Re: Logon Issue
          aLTeReGo

It sounds as though someone may have changed the password. If you haven't gotten very far with your initial configuration the easiest way to bypass the credentials issue you are running into is to re-run the Configuration WIzard. When you get the Database portion, select the option to create a new database. Do not re-use the existing database. Restarting with a new database will ensure the server comes up using the default "admin" with no password credentials. You can at any time re-run the configuration wizard and revert back to the previous/original database if needed.

hargy1976

Hi

Thanks for the reply.   Unfortunatley no one has changed the password as this was a brand new installation.   the issue is that the wizard is not completing the database set up correctly as using the database manager, the accounts table is empty. 

Any way I have managed to get past this by deleted and recreating the database.    However I am now getting a X509 error with regards to the Certificate. 

any help would be appreciated.

RichardLetts

Contact support -- they will walk you through removing and regenerating the certificates used by the various components to talk with each other.

I think these are stored in the windows certificate manager (certmgr.msc) and in a database table (when I've had to fix these I've been working with support as this looks to be a break-your-installation type of thing)