This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

USING TRAP VIEWER APPLICATION

Hello

I send snmp trap in orion advanced alert .How to know that the trap is running please?

Thanks

• Is there someone who could help me?

• So your alert action is sending a trap to another application?  If you want to see if the action is firing, and you are a little database savvy, you can check the AlertLog table in the database.  You should see a message column that will tell you if an action failed or succeeded.  You may have to join it back to the AlertDefinitions table on the AlertDefID to pull down that specific alert to filter out the table while you are searching.  So, your query should look something like this:

Select AlertLog.MsgID, AlertLog.LogDateTime, AlertDefinitions.AlertDefID, AlertDefinitions.AlertName, AlertLog.ActionType, AlertLog.Message

From AlertLog

Join AlertDefinitions on AlertDefinitions.AlertDefID = AlertLog.AlertDefID

Where AlertDefinitions.AlertName = 'your alert name'

You can add an and AlertLog.ActionType = 'SNMPTrap' in order to just look at those events.  (I don't have any alerts sending a trap, so you will want to double check that the action type is not something different)

Hope this helps!

Chrystal Taylor

-ChrystalT

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services