2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 1:11 PM by jmcsparin

    Client admin roles shouldn't that allow a client to see all of the tickets associated with that role?

    jmcsparin

      I set up a client admin role and chose all of the request types.  I set a client to that admin role.  However when I login as that client and look at ticket history I can't see any of the other tickets.  Ideally what I would like is to have a particular client see all tickets associated with one particular department.

       

      Thanks,

      Joe

        • Re: Client admin roles shouldn't that allow a client to see all of the tickets associated with that role?
          brandonwest

          I was experiencing this same exact issue, except instead of Departments, I needed it set per Location.  I'm going to explain how I was able to make it work for Locations since the same logic should apply for Departments as well.

           

          I was able to figure out a solution by doing the following:

          1. Go to Settings --> Locations --> Locations
          2. Select the desired Location from the list.
          3. Click on the Edit icon (looks like a pencil).
          4. Locate the section (about halfway down) that says "Default Client Admin Permissions."
          5. Personally, I changed my settings to the following:
            1. Client Admin Ticket Permissions Edit  View
              Client Admin Can Report for Others
              Copy Admin on Ticket Updates
              Cost Visible to Admin
              Create Reservations for Others
          6. Next, in the "Client Admins" section (directly below #4), search and select the desired Client Admin.  Their name should then appear in the list, along with the Role that you created earlier.
          7. Finally, click on the Save button at the bottom.
          8. Repeat this step for EVERY location (or Department) that the Client Admin needs to be able to view/access.

           

          IMPORTANT NOTE:

          I was unable to see the updated settings on the Client-side login until I completely logged out of the client account in Web Help Desk and then logged back in again.  From there, it worked like a charm!

           

          I hope this helps!

           

          Thanks.