I was experiencing this same exact issue, except instead of Departments, I needed it set per Location. I'm going to explain how I was able to make it work for Locations since the same logic should apply for Departments as well.
I was able to figure out a solution by doing the following:
- Go to Settings --> Locations --> Locations
- Select the desired Location from the list.
- Click on the Edit icon (looks like a pencil).
- Locate the section (about halfway down) that says "Default Client Admin Permissions."
- Personally, I changed my settings to the following:
Client Admin Ticket Permissions Edit View Client Admin Can Report for Others Copy Admin on Ticket Updates Cost Visible to Admin Create Reservations for Others
- Next, in the "Client Admins" section (directly below #4), search and select the desired Client Admin. Their name should then appear in the list, along with the Role that you created earlier.
- Finally, click on the Save button at the bottom.
- Repeat this step for EVERY location (or Department) that the Client Admin needs to be able to view/access.
I was unable to see the updated settings on the Client-side login until I completely logged out of the client account in Web Help Desk and then logged back in again. From there, it worked like a charm!
I hope this helps!
Yes that helps. Thank You.