5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 2:03 PM by blankenshipr

WHD - Custom Email Notification Rule

jfayardiii

How do you setup an WHD to automatically email a copy of a ticket/ticket update to a specified email address if it had certain drop down selections made? Essentially setup a custom rule so that I can keep a supervisor aware of the tickets and the progress

• Re: WHD - Custom Email Notification Rule
          blankenshipr

You can do this with an action rule. Setup your action rule as follows:

• Criteria: Custom Field, [Your custom field], Is equal to, [the selection that requires the supervisor be notified]. You can add additional criteria here that would select tickets from a particular department/location because in the action below, you have to specify the supervisor's email (you would have multiple action rules, one for each department).
          • Actions: Modify Ticket, (click edit), scroll down to E-Mail Recipients, select Change to:, check the Bcc box, and type in the supervisor email.
              jfayardiii

thank you for the quick response!

jfayardiii

From talking to my engineer, this going to require a manual step for each ticket. What I was thinking was if  i could set it up tp work like this: a ticket included drop down #1company  = Company XYZ and drop down #2system = System 123, than that would tell helpdesk to send a copy of all ticketinfo and updates to email address = user@company.com. If the tickets didnt include that combonation on the drop downs then it would run the rule.

blankenshipr

Based on your description, I would suggest looking into using Locations and Client Admins. Client Admins can be set to be automatically copied on ticket updates (note: they do not appear in the CC box...they just get notified automatically). Check out the Locations section of the setup. Client Admins and their options are specified on each Location's configuration. (You can also use Client Admins with departments instead of locations!)

Here is how we have it set up: I work for a school IT department with 7 school buildings. Whenever someone from a particular building sends in a ticket, their building administrator is always notified of everything that happens with that ticket. (i.e. all ticket updates that the client gets, the building admin also gets.)