Prosperon Networks, the UK’s leading SolarWinds Professional Services provider is seeking an enthusiastic technical engineer to join our team. Due to increased customer demand for our Professional Services we are looking to expand our technical team specialising in network and systems management solutions of which SolarWinds is a market leader.
Based in the South East of England we are seeking a candidate to fulfil a technical role to provide installation and consultancy service to customers, as well as post/presales technical support, working closely with internal staff and directly with customers. The successful candidate will be required to perform remote and on-site customer visits in both the pre-sales engineer and post sales technical consultancy role.
- Travel to customer sites as required to fulfil (but not limited to) the following tasks - software installation, assist in issue resolution, assist with upgrades, perform assessments, perform site & system audits etc.
- Work alongside the sales team to provide product demonstrations, highlighting the benefit of the solutions to potential customers
- Create high/low level design documentation to existing and potential customers
- Provide pre & post-sales technical support to end customers via telephone and remote assistance solutions
- Log all support and sales activity within the company CRM
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience with the SolarWinds Orion suite
- Minimum 3 years technical experience within the IT software/networking sector
- System Administration experience across a range of IT systems and solutions; Windows/*Nix Server Operating Systems, Software Installation and Management, Active Directory, Storage, Virtualisation, SQL Databases
- Experience of enterprise level network equipment; Routers, Switches, firewalls etc.
- Network Management and Monitoring systems
- Understanding of primary monitoring and management protocols; SNMP, TCP/IP, WMI
- SQL data reporting using SQL Query Language
- The ability to work on your own initiative providing the expertise to clients and the ability to implement solutions
- Experience of providing tier1/ tier 2 support
- Good ‘client facing’ communication skills, with understanding of sales environment
Your reading this on Thwack and if you enjoy fancy honing your SolarWinds skills to a point, get in touch
Office Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Job Hours: Full Time
Benefits: Pension, Private HealthCare & paid holiday
Salary: Competitive and dependant on skillset and experience