Let me check with the engineering.
I sent you some more information over email. Hope that helps.
Could you please describe where those two values are present (perhaps a screenshot would be best)? I ask because based on the database schema, Client entity has relation to only one Location and/or Department entity.
If the number of affected client accounts isn't high, I recommend to navigate to Setup > Locations & Departments > Locations or to Setup > Locations & Departments > Departments and manually delete the faulty Locations or Departments respectively.
If you ran a bulk sync resulting in a big number of client accounts with faulty values, we will provide an SQL query to accomplish the task but first we need to understand the problem at hand.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Thanks for the feedback and for the additional info on the SQL.
As I was in the early stages of the setup, and using a virtual server i just restored the snapshot to when i had a clean installation of the product prior to any discovery or LDAP connections.
That said - what happened was that i did a bulk synch for all of the clients in the LDAP (Active Directory) connection but had selected the Description as the attribute to map to the location in WHD. IT worked perfectly but i realized that i had mapped the wrong thing (duh!)
I went back to the connection settings and changed the attribute to Department and did another bulk synch. Again, it worked perfectly.
After that - when i went into the Ticket section to create a new ticket the Location drop-down had both the Description as the Department entries listed. The client was mapped correctly but the associated location select boxes were showing data from both synch events so i had both the description and the department data listed.
Sorry for not explaining that better in the original post.
Not to worry. I am just sorry our response came so late.
Thank you for contacting us and if you have any other questions, feel free to use Thwack again.