This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node will not load

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have gone through the install process of using the LEM install tool.  I have one server that will not load a node into the LEM monitor.  There are no errors during the process of the installation and the LEM install tool indicates successful installation.  Suggestions?

The server in question: Server 2008R2 standard. 

thanks,

Mike

• If you go to C:\Windows\System32 (or SysWOW64)\ContegoSPOP and look at the SPOPLog.txt, what (if any) messages are there?

If you do an nDepth search for AnyAlert.DetectionIP = *(Your Server)*, do you get any results?

Do you see the node in Monitor, but disconnected?

What is the state of your LEM license (go to Manage --> Appliance --> Properties Pane --> License Tab)?  Maybe you're out of node licenses?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to curtisi

response below: 

If you go to C:\Windows\System32 (or SysWOW64)\ContegoSPOP and look at the SPOPLog.txt, what (if any) messages are there?  See below

If you do an nDepth search for AnyAlert.DetectionIP = *(Your Server)*, do you get any results?   No results

Do you see the node in Monitor, but disconnected?  The node does not display in Monitor

What is the state of your LEM license (go to Manage --> Appliance --> Properties Pane --> License Tab)?  Maybe you're out of node licenses?   0%of nodes in used, universal licenses: 2147483647, Used: 15

I see this error over and over again:

(Tue Apr 01 07:59:56 PDT 2014) II:NOTICE [NioComNetworkParent v24745] {ComModuleSpop:21} Install request completed (not installed);

(Tue Apr 01 08:07:56 PDT 2014) II:NOTICE [NioComNetworkParent v24745] {ComModuleSpop:21} Making install request to: SERVERNAME;

(Tue Apr 01 08:08:00 PDT 2014) WW:WARNING [NioComNetworkParent v24745] {ComModuleSpop:21} Failed to bind socket to local port in range: 37893 - 37896 or to connect to manager at SERVERNAME/37890 for message 0;

I am investigating that error, but if any suggestions, much appreciated.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

After doing some digging around on 2 year posts here on thwack, I found a resolution.  I had to reboot the virtual appliance.  Once it came back on line, the new node in question was immediately discovered and now displays in LEM.