1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hello, here is answer for you question: Alertcentral does not receive Orion alerts
Thank-you, I spent quite a bit of time with that article prior to posting. I have tried everything but deleting the subscription table row for AC.
I am getting ready to try and see if WireShark can help me see what is or is not happening with the connection between Orion and AC.
Error seems to be POST http://orionac.uwsp.edu/index.html/Orion/AlertNotification/OnIndication
404 Not found
In a further attempt to troubleshoot this, we deleted the AC row out of the Subscription table. Restarting Orion Services did not recreate the record, restarting the entire server did not recreate the subscription record.
So I created a new Orion source in AC (cannot edit the old one), and it created a new subscription record. Unfortunately, that is now piling up the FailedDeliveryAttempt numbers as well.
Could any of this be related to upgrading Orion to NPM 10.7 recently?
Other strange issues that may or may not be related.
- I cannot edit an existing Orion Alert Source. I am reluctant to delete it, because there are a lot of rules and I don't want to have to recreate from scratch.
- Every time I restart the Alert Central VM, it loses Network Addresses Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS Server values and I have to reset them.
Did you try http://<Ip_adress>/index.html/Orion/AlertNotification/OnIndication instead of domain name. It may be a connection issue if it still doesn't work.
Try to ping AC from Orion server and be sure that ports are opened and no firewall restrictions.
It looks like there is connectivity in place, as the 404 error shown above is coming from the Apache server on the AC VM. I'm afraid I don't have the answer for you, but I would be looking to see if the file mentioned in the error does actually exist, and if not look at reasons as to why.
Since we don't have any access to the VM itself, we don't have anyway of knowing whether that file exists. We are very frustrated with the lack of support combined with the lack of access granted to the system making this nigh on impossible to troubleshoot ourselves. I would willing pay for the product and the support, but that's not an option either. We look like we are forced to reinstall the VM and start from scratch. If that doesn't resolve it then we will dump the months of work we already put into this and walk away with a very sour taste in our mouths unfortunately.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
jdumke wrote:... I would willing pay for the product and the support, but that's not an option either...
Wouldn't we all! colby - one for you
There are ways to gain access to the VM, although this is clearly not supported. Have a look here SNMP Support?, get access to your appliance, then use WinSCP to have a browse around. As above, I'm fairly confident this isn't a connectivity issue, as apache is actually responding.
Like I say, unsupported, but I'm not sure you could make things much worse
If you need to rebuild, you may be able to restore your configs from a backup, whilst repairing the issue. Or a dirtier repair might be to build a second instance and copy/paste any mssing files? I've never had to try this approach though...
It was the IP to start with, I switched it to the FQDN, then when that didn't do anything, I switched it back to the IP again.
Yesterday we decided to install an entirely new VM and start from scratch. As soon as we added Orion, it started to receive alerts. We then went and looked at the subscription EndPointAddress and it was different from the old one:
I changed the old subscription to match the new one adding the ':80' and removing the 'index.html'. That was the ticket.
(For completeness of documentation's sake for the next poor soul who encounters this.)
I did have to manually recreate all the rules from my old original Orion source in the newer Orion source I created during my troubleshooting process. I had deleted my original Orion source's subscription record - and there doesn't seem to be any way to back the Orion source rules up and restore them. But it's functioning again! I don't have to use the new AC VM at all, and it can be deleted.
The only reason I can think that this may have stopped working is that I did allow the Alert Central VM to automatically install new updates and the next time after that I saw this error:
"Failed to install updates(Update manifest not downloaded. Please try to download again. ) on Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:00:19 AM GMT-05:00
Whether it is related to the subscription problem or not, I can't tell, but more information is better for the person who is trouble-shooting.
You can try some solution that described below
1. Log in to AC
2. Open settings -> Notification Settings.
3. Save it.
4. Delete Orion source and add it again
For clearly vision I've attached screenshots