This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Proxy Question with WPM Player

We are looking to setting up a WPM check that would connect to one of our proxies and then run the recording that we have created. In the case of this proxy, it requires an valid account in the specific domain (domain2) that this proxy is in, which is a seperate domain from our Solarwinds Environment (domain1).  Is it possible to set the player to use a service account in domain2 and it would work?

• Hello,

If that proxy requires authentication, you should see authentication dialog when you access it in WPM recorder. There you enter domain2 account credentials and they will be saved within recording for use during playback. If you don't see authentication dialog during recording, you can try to run WPM recorder under different account that is not part of domain1 or domain2. For example create local account and use that to run WPM recorder so that authentication dialog is shown.

• bharris, When I start the recorder on my work machine... I start it as one of the AD service accounts for WPM. Using this method... we always get a window for credentials as jiri describes above. You may not use AD accounts for everything but it is our policy to not use any local accounts as SWinds suggests.

• I have a big group of users who NEVER get the window for credentials when they use the recorder.  Does anyone know what that occurs???

• Hi all,

i am facing the same issue. but it not always. seems like some of the SEUM id failed to login to proxy auth then the result will be error.  please help if there is a way to ensure all 7 SEUM id is browsing using proxy auth.

pastedImage_0.png