This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a maximum AD group size?

I have added some but one with 37 characters I get "No domain specified." but I do have the domain\37characters

• I shortened the group to the longest I have added so far and it found 3 groups but I couldn't tell which was the one I need. I took off the last 4 and it was uniq and found only one group but I couldn't add the group. It says "No groups selected.  Please use search to find groups then click tickboxes from results below to select." but it did find only one and I had checked it.

• Clarification, I did not mean maximum people in an AD group but rather the maximum length of the AD group name. There is and 37 is too long at least with our domain name. If it is too long it doesn't find the group and when I cut off the last 4 characters it found three groups. I couldn't see the end so did not know which was the correct one. I added back a couple of characters so it only found one but when I selected it it said No group selected"

• I'm not sure if you have found an answer to this question, but, we're finding what looks to be the same limitation. Large groups fail to allow authentication. We haven't done enough testing to find out what that size is but it would be great to have that fixed.